- The Amazing Spider-man 2 – Peter Parker runs the gauntlet as the mysterious company Oscorp sends up a slew of super villains against him. The critics gave this film mixed reviews, but ordinary folks (like you and me) liked it. The comments ran the gamut from “overlong and repetitive” to “AS 2 is MOST FUN of the five Spiderman movies so far.”
- Fading Gigolo – Fioravante (John Turturro) has lost his business and decides to enter the world’s oldest profession. He sets out to fulfill a menage-a-trois request with the dermatologist Dr. Parker (Sharon Stone) and her friend Selima (Sofia Vergara). With Murray (Woody Allen) acting as his “manager”, the duo quickly finds themselves caught up in the crosscurrents of love and money. This sounds like the plot of a bad porn film and Rotten Tomatoes says it is “admittedly vulgar and ludicrous.” However, the chemistry between Allen and Turturro is reported to be good and the movie received middling reviews. This is rated R.
- Only Lovers Left Alive – This is a horror romance. Adam (‘Tom Hiddleston), an underground musician reunites with his lover for centuries (Tilda Swinton) after he becomes depressed and tired with the direction human society has taken. Their love is interrupted and tested by her wild and uncontrollable little sister (Mia Wasikowska). Although Adam and Eve are vampires, the word vampire is never used in the film.
New TV Series
- The Good Wife, season 5
- The Mindy Project, season 2
- Parks and Recreation, season 6
- Revolution, season 2 (final season)
- Parenthood, season 5