- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 – Here’s some fun trivia. For the pickle voices (yes, there are live pickles in the movie), the actors gargled water as they read their lines.
- The Fifth Estate – Based on true events. The movie reveals the mission of WikiLeaks’ rebel founder (Benedict Cumberbatch) to expose fraud and corruption to the world.
- Last Vegas – Four best friends in their late-60’s decide to escape retirement and throw a Las Vegas bachelor party for the only one of them who has remained single. Last Vegas: A “Hangover” for the AARP crowd. (Make sure you get the title right when you type this into the catalog. It’s Last Vegas, not Las Vegas. That tripped me up at first.)
- Bad Grandpa – The full title is “Jackass presents Bad Grandpa.” 86-year-old Irving Zisman takes a trip from Nebraska to North Carolina to take his 8 year-old grandson, Billy, back to his real father.
- Downton Abbey, season 4 – A soap opera in fancy dress. I love it.
- Rush – This was directed by Ron Howard and has received several nominations, Golden Globes, BAFTA, Screen Actors Guild, but no Oscar nominations. Plot: The merciless 1970s rivalry between Formula One rivals James Hunt and Niki Lauda.
- Bonnie & Clyde – Tells the story of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. Being reviewed as entertaining, but not historically accurate.